The controller position is responsible for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with accounting principles and financial reporting standards.
• Oversee the activities of the Accounting Department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal monthly financial statements, annual audits and budgets.
• Prepare various regulatory reports including Call Report, FR2900, FRY 8, FR Y9 SP, etc.
• Oversee the activities of the Accounting Department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, employee expense reports, cash control, payroll processing
• Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure. Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
• Establish and maintain systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the Bank’s value.
• Respond to CFO as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate his financial needs.
• Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
• Communicate with co-workers, management, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
• Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• BA in Science and Accounting
• CPA degree preferred
• Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts fixed assets, payroll, income tax.
• Prior Bank Accounting preferred.
• Spreadsheet proficient (hardware and software).
Please apply with your CV to: