A fast paced, professional, and regional tax firm in Grand Rapids, MI is seeking a Tax Accounting Assistant to assist in the preparation of federal, state and local tax returns. This position will require communicating with clients to review financial and tax information and using the Drake Software system for tax return preparation. Applicant needs to understand the differences between cash and accrual accounting, and how to navigate QuickBooks to obtain reports and detailed information.
Responsibilities/Day to Day:
· Assisting the Sr Tax Manager in the following duties:
· Preparing 1040, 1120, 1120S, 1065 and 1041, as well as state income tax returns
· Verifying financial entries, ledgers, and journals provided by clients.
· Completing various tax forms.
· Entering data, maintaining accurate records, and financial statements.
· Upholding or surpassing deadlines assigned.
· Excel fluency- intermediate to advanced
What we need from you!
· 2 years of proven Tax Preparation experience.
· Solid understanding of basic tax principles and procedures.
· Proven ability to calculate, post, and manage financial records.
· Diverse data entry skills, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
· The ability to learn and retain new skills in this industry.
· Proficiency in written, verbal, and communicative correspondence.
· Professional and punctual demeanor, with a flair for outstanding client communication.
This is a seasonal tax position with a great company! To learn more about this opportunity apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Please apply with your CV to: