Accounting Principls has partnered with an excellent company in Nassau County, NY. We are recruiting for a qualified Staff Accountant.
This position is currently a REMOTE FULL TIME position but must be flexible to go to the office in the Port Washington, NY area 1 day a week and must be ready to go into the office Full Time once office re-opens.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepare voucher for wire payment to intercompany entity based on outstanding invoices
• Prepare bank reconciliations for six legal entities
• Record various transactions on the books of the above entities throughout the month as necessary, including intercompany medical, dental, retirement entries etc.
• Prepare summary of commissions payable to sales representatives
• Prepare debit memos on an as needed basis
• Prepare reconciliations
• Prepare Professional Fees Analysis
• Prepare Fixed Asset and Depreciation summaries and journal entries
• Enter various journal entries and accruals as required
• Receive training from colleagues and train other employees to share knowledge and responsibility across the department
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and 2-3 years’ of related experience.
• Experience preparing large, complex bank reconciliations utilizing excel features to match and identify discrepancies
• Experience working in a monthly close environment which typically involves overtime
• Work from home for now with the willingness to enter the office once a week to retrieve and scan checks
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
• Excellent Excel skills including Pivot Tables, V Lookup etc.
• Keen attention to details
• Highly organized
• Good communication skills – written and verbal
APPLY TODAY!! Virtual Interviews.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Please apply with your CV to: