Staff Accountant Job – Skokie, IL
Attention accountants with a few years of experience… are you looking to take the next step in your career? If so, this job is for you! A vibrant, successful marketing organization in the Skokie area is seeking a Staff Accountant to join their team! To be considered you must have a minimum of one year of accounting experience and we prefer that you have a degree in accounting or finance. This role involves working closely with the Accounting Manager in all aspects of the daily accounting.
Staff Accountant Responsibilities:
- Assist with full-cycle accounts payable, cash flow analysis, and balance sheet worksheets
- Send actual vs budget reports to account owners
- Respond to vendor inquiries
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Process all vendor invoices and employee expense reports
- General ledger transaction calculation and processing month-end
- Maintain and update tax apportionment documents monthly and assist in gathering documents for tax preparation
- Bank Reconciliation
- Prepare accrual amounts and monthly financial statements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 1+ year of accounting experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables/vlookups)
- Knowledge of QuickBooks software is a plus
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Easily adapt to a change in responsibilities and performance expectations.
- Ability to thrive independently and within a team
- Strong communications skills and attention to detail
If you are interested in the Staff Accountant job in Skokie, we want to hear from you! Please click the yellow "apply with us" button to apply now or go to www.accountingprincipals.com to apply and check out additional opportunities.
Please apply with your CV to: