Large Long Island company located in the Farmingdale, NY is seeking a Staff Accountant for an immediate start opportunity.
The Staff Accountant will report directly to the controller of the company, and will be responsible for the day to day accounting of the business.
*Wonderful company, great benefits, beautiful office space, great work/life balance and employee perks!*
As the Staff Accountant you will be responsible for:
- Prepare monthly reconciliation package, including journal entries
- Responsible for creating various monthly spreadsheets.
- Prepare monthly spreadsheets for American Express and Discover comparing daily wire amounts to processor totals.
- Ad Hoc Accounting Projects
- Apply relevant amounts to corresponding journal entries.
- Month end prepare entries of Visa/MC, AMEX, Discover fees to each store.
- Prepare credit card fee accrual entries at month end
- Reconcile credit card receivable account in G/L and compile monthly package
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 2+ years’ experience in accounting or related field
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Able to read and understand technical forms and financial reports
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relations
Please apply with your CV to: