Temp to hire position for a Staff Accountant scheduled to start beginning of September courtesy of Accounting Principals. Location is in North Brunswick, NJ. For this role we need someone who has a minimum of 3 years’ experience at the Staff level, public accounting is a plus as well as experience working with MRI. This person must have advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Handle all aspects of accounting and reporting for assigned properties
- Perform financial transition tasks in connection with property acquisitions; book property acquisitions, based upon review of closing documents
- Set-up new properties in MRI including all buildings, suites, tenants, AP, cash accounts, alternate chart of accounts, project hierarchy, etc.
- Leasing: abstract leases and enter lease data, including related lease liabilities, into MRI, work with collection manager and property managers to monitor tenant AR, maintain security deposit sub-ledgers, coordinate tenant billings with Junior Accountants
- Preparation of annual operating expense and real estate tax reimbursement reconciliations
- Cash: Perform electronic banking functions, including processing of wire transfers, review and post daily cash activity entered by Junior Accountants, review and approve AP for processing - request check runs, prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Process monthly property closings in MRI for assigned properties [post sub-ledger activity, review trial balances, calculate management fees, perform detailed GL review and account analysis, book accruals, calculate depreciation and amortization]
- Prepare monthly and/or quarterly financial reporting packages including financial statements, variance analysis along with supporting schedules for distribution to joint venture partners, lenders and internal management
- Prepare year-end audit and tax workpapers; work directly with external auditors and tax preparers to facilitate preparation of annual audited financial statements and tax returns
- Ad-hoc financial reporting and analysis, as necessary
- Prepare annual budgets [using Kardin] in conjunction with property management and asset management teams, attend budget meetings, prepare final budget packages
- Preparation of cash reforecasts and cash flow projections, as necessary
- Equity [Distributions to / Capital Calls to Partners/Members]: assist Asset Management team with calculations [including distribution waterfalls], coordinate notice to Partners/Members, process distributions, track receipt of capital calls
- Loan administration: abstract loan documents, monitor lender reserve accounts, prepare draw requests, financial reporting compliance
- Work with attorneys regarding real estate tax appeal efforts, including filing of annual income and expense reports
- Property Dispositions: perform financial transition tasks for property dispositions, assist Asset Management team in connection with property sales, as needed, prepare and/or review tenant estoppel certificates in connection with sale, calculate gain or loss on property sales, wind down partnerships/LLCs post-sale
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working as a Staff Accountant
- Public accounting is highly preferred
- Software skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, MRI a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with GAAP, fair value, accrual, cash and tax basis books
- Real estate experience a plus
If you would like to learn more about this excellent opportunity based in North Brunswick, NJ please contact the Princeton office today at (609) 452-7117. You can submit your resume to email@example.com.