Staff Accountant job in Romeoville, IL
Why choose Accounting Principals? We’re the professionals. Today’s job market is a dynamic, performance-driven and competitive place for accounting professionals and we know how to leverage that to the highest standards of excellence. We offer careers in a variety of roles where talented people can develop and grow professionally.
This Staff Accountant must be motivated and organized, have strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“GAAP”), and has the need to be a team-player in a loyal and hard-working environment. This person should possess all the necessary education and experience requirements and have a willingness to learn.
As a staff accountant your responsibilities include:
• Monthly financial close
• Create journal entries and perform analysis of accounts in ERP system
• Perform balance sheet reconciliations
• Maintain AP and AR functions and communicate with clerks to get work done in a timely manner
• Assist with budgeting and forecasting
• Reconcile bank accounts
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
• 2+ years of experience in accounting
• Pivot tables or vlookups in Excel are essential
• Familiar with large ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle or PeopleSoft
• Month-end close experience in a supportive or leading capacity
Send resumes for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org