My client is a growing energy company that provides more opportunity and career growth potential because of their ambition, entrepreneurial mindset, premier market position, and integrated business systems.
If you have strong skills, the runway for growth and a hunger to advance your career, you're going to love this challenging and interesting Staff Accountant role. This is your opportunity to make your mark and grow your career as you step into a key accounting role. You will assist with a variety of diverse and interesting responsibilities in the month-end close process. Consider some of the advantages of joining our team. You will:
- Serve as a key corporate accountant, leveraging your talents to make an impact and grow.
- Expand your skills and knowledge working with more than a dozen cost centers and multiple stakeholders!
- Enjoy further professional development as you cross-train with other members of the team.
- Enjoy visibility at the top levels of our organization.
As the Staff Accountant, you will assist with the day-to-day, monthly and year-end accounting in the Company’s shared services function. More specifically, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Prepare and post journal entries throughout the month for several business processes including payroll and benefits accounting. Ensure that journal entries are properly coded and evidenced by supporting documentation.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly balance sheet account reconciliations for business processes outlined. Ensure transactions that comprise balances are clearly identified and supported; monthly activity is identified and is appropriate given the nature of the account.
- Collaborate with Senior Accountant and Accounting Manager to provide high-level explanations on financial statement variances for the current month, and current quarter, where applicable.
- Maintain compliance with SOX and help with internal and external audit requests.
- Prepare various ad hoc reports and statements as requested.
To be a strong fit for this opportunity you should have:
- At least three years of relevant progressive accounting experience in the month-end close process or completion of two 'busy seasons'
- The ability to work the necessary hours to accomplish assigned tasks, especially during month- and quarter-end close process
- Strong project management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including use of pivot tables and VLOOKUP
- A proactive attitude, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Keys to Success
To excel in this role, you will be a quick learner who is curious, proactive and eager to roll up your sleeves. You will need to possess strong multi-tasking and project management skills to thrive in our fast-paced environment. Things can get busy for our team, especially during month- and quarter-end closing times, and we’re looking for a candidate who is ready to get to work and grow your skill set. This is a great role if you don’t want to do the same thing every day, but are keenly aware of deadlines and responsibilities.
You’ll enjoy exposure throughout the organization and the opportunity to leverage your strong communication and relationship building skills to gather the information and financial data you need to get your job done.
- Build effective relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Dedicate yourself to learning our company, goals and processes
- Continually look for improvements
- Stretch and grow your skills, always looking for ways to progress your career and talent
If you're a driven, creative thinker, and a hardworking, entrepreneurial professional that loves to win then you'll fit right in! This team is ex Big-4, down to earth, and likes to "work smarter, not longer."
For additional information about the Staff Accountant role please contact Brad Lyssy at email@example.com
Please apply with your CV to: