Staff Accountant with QuickBooks (Temp to Hire)
Paterson, New Jersey
Accounting Principals has partnered with a start-up construction business in their search for an experienced Staff Accountant. Experience with QuickBooks is a must and prior work experience within the construction industry in helpful. Small office, but growing company! Great opportunity for someone 'no fuss' and 'hands on.'
- Handle general accounting responsibilities within QuickBooks
- Requires the ability to work with confidential information
- Manage office supplies
- Process accounts payable and receivables (collections)
- Pay invoices
- Analyze final job cost on completed construction projects.
- Assist in answering phone.
- Process paperwork; maintain customer database
- Assisting in filling construction permit and making sure permits are pulled before job starts
- Communicate with team on a regular basis
- Manage purchasing and supplies vendors
- Estimating and bidding projects as needed
- Strong Quick Books, MS Office skills, including Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, managing competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, and/or unexpected events
Bachelor Degree in Accounting preferred
Please note that benefits are not available for the first year of employment*
To be considered for the Staff Accounting position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply with your CV to: