Staff Accountant | Pico Rivera | Direct Hire | Up to 65k
Our client is currently experiencing rapid growth and we are seeking an experienced Staff Accountant to join our Accounting and Finance team. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for reconciling Passthrough Programs, assisting in month-end processes, year-end audits, and weekly payroll preparation.
JOB FUNCTION / PURPOSE
- Reconciles Passthrough programs, determines the payments to vendors, and submits disputes to client portal.
- Participates in the month-end closing process.
- Regularly maintains detailed reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts.
- Performs general account analyses and reconciliations. Assists with bank reconciliations, fixed assets, accruals, and prepaid expenses.
- Compiles daily Flash Report.
- Assists with Senior Accountant with payroll by ensuring accurate records are kept for employee time and attendance.
- Compiles leave requests and computes employees’ time worked.
- Follows up with managers to ensure timecards are approved weekly prior to payroll processing.
- Assists in year-end audit processes, including preparation of audit schedules, organization and review of supporting documentation for audit.
- Supports CFO, Accounting Manager, and Senior Accountant with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Performs additional duties, as assigned by management.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 2+ years’ experience in Accounting or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Able to read and understand technical forms and financial reports
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships
Please apply with your CV to: