Staff Accountant Job | Whittier | Up to 65k
Primary Responsibilities for Role:
- Responsible for developing, overseeing, approving, auditing and monitoring accounting and finance functions
- Maintain financial historical records by filing accounting documents
- Verifies accounts by reconciling statements and transaction
- Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation
- Assist in preparation and analysis of monthly/quarterly/annual financial and management reports accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintain accounting ledgers by posting account transaction
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Pays invoices by verifying transaction information
- Obtains revenue by verifying transaction information, computing charges and refunds, preparing and mailing invoices, identifying delinquent accounts and insufficient payments
- Maintain the general ledger, including preparation of journal entries to assure that all transactions are recorded in a timely and accurate manner
Reviews current status of customer accounts to identify and resolve billing processing problems in a timely manner
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks and duties as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 2+ years of recent accounts payable experience
- BA/BS degree in accounting, business or finance
- Software: ERP Programs such as Oracle, Peoplesoft, SAP, Great Plains, JD Edwards. SAGE 50 is a plus.
- Intermediate in Excel
- Detailed- oriented and able to meet tight deadlines
- Solid interpersonal communication, analytical, and math skills.
- Ability to multi-task and shift gears to perform different activities
Proactive, self-directed approach with the ability to multi-task and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
If you are interested in this position, please apply as well as email your resume to Jennifer.Boulahoud@accountingprincipals.com.
Please apply with your CV to: