We are seeking a Staff Accountant with a strong background for a client in the greater Sacramento, CA area . This job offers the right candidate an opportunity to work with a great team for a company in a booming industry. Please read the job Duties and Qualifications sections below before applying.
• Firm grasp of and experience with the full-cycle AP/AR process
• Perform the processing and recording of accounts payable transactions and ensure that all invoices and staff reimbursements are paid accurately and in accordance with finance policies and procedures
• Post to General Ledger and make appropriate adjustments.
• Responsible for bank reconciliations
• Oversee preparation of monthly/year end accounting records.
• Perform the processing of functional and benefits expense allocations, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, if necessary
• Assist in the preparation of financial reports such as financial statements, budget performance, and interim grant financial reporting
• High School diploma with some additional education in accounting, business admin or computer field. - Accounting degree preferred but not required
• GL and debits/credits experience a must
• 5 years of accounting experience minimum but flexible for an exceptional candidate
• Ability to maintain high volume data entry with exceptional accuracy
• Computer knowledge and experience with MS Office including Word and Excel - Excel skills must be at an advance level
• Good problem solving skills
• MUST be fully comfortable with Quickbooks Online
• Must enjoy being part of a dynamic team and appreciate a job well done
Please send your resume directly to Andrew Walsh at Andrew.Walsh@accountingprincipals.com if you are interested in the Staff Accountant job in Sacramento or apply directly to this posting. Interviews currently being held in our Sacramento Office. You can see our other current job openings at www.accountingprincipals.com