Staff Accountant / Entry Level Staff Accountant Job in Harrison OH
We have a client looking to add a Staff Accountant top their team for a 6-month contract assignment. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting along with 1-2 years of general accounting experience. We are willing to consider entry level candidates that have internship or Co-Op experience along with a Bachelor’s Degree as well. The position will pay between $18 and $21 per hour depending on experience.
Primary Job Duties:
• Prepares financial statements and supporting schedules according to monthly closing schedules
• Account reconciliations and journal entries
• Assist with financial and tax audits
• Assist with preparing tax returns and corporate reporting requirements
• Continually evaluates and enhances various Accounting processes/procedures/controls to improve service, efficiency, quality, and profitability
• Timely follow-up and resolution of all internal/external requests, complaints and/or concerns
• Protects company by keeping financial information and plans confidential
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Provides special project assistance to the CFO and Controller
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Strong understanding of accounting theory.
• Highly detail-oriented with strong organization skills.
• Able to meet assigned deadlines.
• Proficient in standard spreadsheet and general accounting applications. Strong Excel skills are highly preferred.
• Self-motivated, self-reliant, while exercising good independent judgment and decisions
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of information.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance required.
• Experience in an Accounting department handling general accounting duties
If you are interested and qualified for this position, please apply directly at www.accountingprincipals.com or email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply with your CV to: