Staff Accountant Job, Berkeley Heights, NJ
If you enjoy working in a fast pace environment you could be the one to take advantage of the opportunity to join a great team. We are seeking to add a full time Staff Accountant in Berkeley Heights, New Jersey. This opportunity is assisting in the monthly forecast and annual budget process providing detailed analysis reports. This is a key role for the accounting team working close to upper management. Please read the Responsibilities and Qualifications below:
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Contribute to month end close, maintaining various month-end analysis & schedules to prepare journal entries.
• Preparing and evaluating monthly balance sheet, income statement, and other financial reports and communicate recommendations.
• Prepare & distribute domestic sales reports to managers for monthly review meeting and forecast.
• Analyze and report on trends, actual vs budget & PY for fixed costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
• Reconcile sales & COGS from detailed sales reports to the P&L.
• Perform detailed analysis on inventory costs to assist in the development of standard costs and understanding of inventory variances.
Education & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration required.
• Minimum of 3+ years of work-related experience in cost accounting procedures and practices.
• Knowledge and experience supporting accounting for a manufacturing or productions business.
• Strong account reconciliation, analysis and research skills required; actual budget/forecast variance analysis experience.
• Knowledge of inventory cost accounting principles including experience with standard costing and variance reporting.
• CPA preferred but not needed
If you are interested in learning more about this Staff Accountant Job in Berkeley Heights, NJ or would like to learn about other opportunities please visit us at https://www.accountingprincipals.com/