A Staff Accountant job in Alexandria, VA is available with an international nonprofit organization. Qualified candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, as well as at least five years of accounting experience to be considered. The ideal candidate will have experience with Great Plains. In this dynamic role, the Staff Accountant will reconcile bank accounts, monitor cash flow, ensure proper reporting of expenses, and prepare monthly financial statements. This position is the perfect way to build your background with an exciting and passionate organization. This challenging role is ideal if you are a seasoned professional looking for a role with a healthy work-life balance. The salary for the Staff Accountant job is $70,000-$75,000 annually, commensurate with experience.
The Staff Accountant job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Reconcile bank accounts
• Monitor cash flow
• Ensure proper reporting of expenses
• Prepare monthly financial statements
• Serve as a resource to the accounting team
• Bachelor’s degree
• Five to seven years of accounting experience
• Skilled with Great Plains
• Previous nonprofit/international accounting experience is a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in MS Office Suite (Work and Excel)
If you are interested in the Staff Accountant job in Alexandria, VA or additional opportunities available through Accounting Principals, please visit our website at www.accountingprincipals.com and apply today! Accounting Principals places top accounting and finance professionals in temporary and full-time jobs at leading companies nationwide.
Please apply with your CV to: