Accounting Principals is actively recruiting for a Sr. Staff Accountant for a 8-month contract opportunity in the greater Indianapolis area. This person will be responsible for the revenue reporting process as well as participating in month-end activities.
- Review license contracts and orders to determine appropriate revenue accounting treatment to ensure compliance to SOP 97-2, SOP 98-9, SAB 101, EITF 08-1 and other authoritative pronouncements.
- Perform reconciliations to properly recognize and defer revenue and maintain the sub-ledgers and schedules.
- Prepare royalty reports for royalty fees owed to partners and create journal entries to record accrued royalties.
- Create revenue related analyses.
- Review services transactions quarterly for VSOE compliance.
- Bachelors of Science in Accounting or related emphasis with at least 4 to 5 years of corporate accounting experience or 2 to 3 years of public accounting experience.
- Strong understanding of period-end processes and account reconciliations.
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively and work both as part of a team and independently.
- Advanced Excel skills including advanced formulas, links, and pivot tables.
- Knowledge of revenue related technical software revenue recognition rules a plus.
- Netsuite and OpenAir experience a plus.
If you or someone you know is interested in this 8-month Sr. Staff Accountant project, please apply directly to this posting!
Please apply with your CV to: