Cash Money!!!!!! If you're looking for a great opportunity to gain experience and make some good extra money, we have the position for you. We need a strong Accounting Specialist for a 6-8 week contract assignment in Irving. A successful candidate would reside in the Dallas, Texas area and possesses 2-3 years of experience in an accounting environment. In addition, the candidate would have thorough knowledge of A/R, A/P, billing, and other accounting functions.
What You Will Be Doing:
• Operational responsibilities within both Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
• A/R: Primarily accountable for data input and billing.
• Daily billing and data input of cash receipts; customer refunds; prepare daily deposit and daily cash report;
• Obtain credit references for new accounts; daily credit card deposit; processing manual credit card transactions; scan checks to bank;
• Run lockbox image checks from bank site; input misc. debits/credits; ODC bill backs; other miscellaneous accounting transactions.
• A/P: Primarily accountable for the coordination and execution of the timely and accurate processing of corporate disbursements (US & CAD).
• A/P input; control checks and process weekly A/P check run for both the US and Canada; control and process manual payroll checks;
• Control disbursements from petty cash and prepare monthly petty cash JE; reconcile major vendor and leased property accounts;
• Maintain files and process annual 1099 statements; work extensively with requisitioners, purchasing agents and vendors in resolving A/P issues;
• Process the input of A/P wire transfers via SAP; perform monthly general ledger analysis of assigned accounts; verify application of accounting
• Controls as related to A/P and SAP; perform other accounting duties as required.
• Internal contacts with other departments concerning accounting related issues. Interact with vendors and salespeople concerning A/R and A/P accounting related issues
• Contact outside references for credit analysis
• Daily interactions related to A/P issues – marketing, traffic, cost accounting, HR, purchasing, material planners, vendors, freight companies, etc.
What Makes An Ideal Candidate:
• Associates Degree in Accounting or Finance
• 2 – 3 years ion an accounting environment (with A/R and/or A/P experience).
• Excellent math and analytical aptitude.
• Good working knowledge of accounting controls.
Please apply with your CV to: