Senior Staff Accountant
Are you a Senior Staff Accountant located near Downtown Chicago, IL, looking to work for a growing professional services firm? Our client, a dynamic legal operation firm, is looking to hire a Senior Staff Accountant on a temporary to hire basis. If you have a keen attention to detail and a minimum of three years of general ledger experience, we encourage you to apply!
Your job responsibilities as a Senior Accountant will look like this...
• Prepare and audit client billings monthly
• Prepare and record daily deposits
• Accounts Payable: code checks and credit card charges
• Responsible for accounts payable check run
• Prepare weekly Accounts Receivable aging reports and review with management
• Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and accounts receivables
• Monthly Bank Reconciliations
• Prepare journal entries for monthly recurring and accrual
• Prepare bi-monthly payroll journal and post to Great Plains
• Maintain General Ledger
• Month-end closing process
• Prepare accurate Monthly Financial Statements
• Prepare year-end financial package
• Prepare yearly budget and projections
• 3-5 years of related experience
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance preferred
• Experience working with Great Plains software
• Excellent excel skills
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity or other accounting and finance opportunities apply below, or online at www.accountingprincipals.com.