We are looking for a Senior Property Accountant in Parsippany, NJ courtesy of Parker + Lynch. Our client is privately held and focuses on the development, management, and operation of commercial and luxury developments in the Metropolitan area. They are looking for an individual with 5+ years in Commercial Property Accounting.
Responsibilities of the Senior Property Accountant Include:
- Responsible for general ledger accounting for several properties.
- Perform monthly billing for assigned properties.
- Apply cash receipts and follow-up on outstanding balances.
- Review expenses to verify adequacy of support and to ensure proper G/L classifications.
- Reconcile AP and AR subledgers.
- Prepare comprehensive financial reporting packages for projects, clients, or business units, monthly and as needed
- Ensure books and financials are in accordance with GAAP or other required accounting standards
- Review monthly budget to actual variance reports and prepare variance explanations
- Prepare detailed quarterly and year-end financial statements and supporting work papers.
- Interface with company’s external auditors.
- Assist in preparations of ad-hoc reports and analyses as needed.
- Interface with personnel throughout the company to maintain the proper flow of information.
- Direct Property Managers or Business Unit leaders through the preparation of their annual budgets.
- Review and approve projects and ledgers prepared by Accountants.
- Contribute to operational and process improvements.
Requirements of the Senior Property Accountant:
- At least 5+ years in Commercial Property Accounting.
- Candidate must have experience using MRI and Yardi.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task while still exhibiting good judgment and poise in a fast-paced environment.
If this role is of interest, please apply online now or send resume directly to Thomas.Staiano@parkerlynch.com.