Parker + Lynch is teaming up with one of their top clients to help fill a Senior Financial Accounting Analyst/Manager job in Chicago, IL. This Senior Financial Accounting Analyst/Manager provides business and financial support to the controller that enhances decision-making and results in the achievement of short and long-term financial objectives. This person will be a proactive business partnership with other Business Units to maximize the financial close process ensuring the operational and external financial statements are presented accurately and in a timely fashion. You are the perfect fit if you have 2+ years in accounting within the financial service industry, CPA, and lead and managed projects.
- Participate and lead process improvement initiatives and further the documentation of process & procedures.
- Reconciling account balances and reconciling bank statements
- Analyze financial data and present the findings
- Supervise and review work of others on applicable tasks or projects
- Be the liaison with custodians, vendors, and strategic partners to improve financial procedures.
- Maintaining general ledger transactions, and preparing/completing month-end close procedures.
- This team member will work closely with others within the finance team as well as other functional departments.
- Provide support for the external financial statement audit in alignment with audit timeline
- Monitor and prioritize tasks, projects, and inquiries as needed to accomplish team goals
Skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA preferred, or CPA eligible
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficiency in all Microsoft office applications, particularly Excel (including Vlookups and pivot tables)
- Team player
- Financial service industry experience
Emailed resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org will take priority over applicants.
Please apply with your CV to: