Accounting Principals is seeking a Senior Accounts Payable Accountant to work for our client in Chicago. This position will lead the process for organizing, coding, entering, and posting invoices into the accounting system with high accuracy and within tight deadlines for period close. The most important part of this lead role is to oversee the AP processes. If you or someone you know might be interested in this job opportunity, keep reading!
- Distribute invoices to operations staff and department budget owners for approvals
- Prepare and organize weekly check runs and electronic wire payments
- Interact with FP&A team regarding coding and invoices activity
- Accurately review and accrue use tax for invoices
- Perform month end close procedures, including preparing accrual journal entries and account reconciliations
- Actively participate in monthly operating expense review meetings with finance management regarding vendor invoices
- Support cash management policies by maintaining an up-to-date and accurate AP aging report
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience is preferred
- Knowledge of AP processes and best practices
- Experience working with an ERP system
- Knowledge of use tax is preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
If you are interested in this Senior Accounts Payable Accountant job in Chicago, IL please send your resume to email@example.com or apply here and visit accountingprincipals.com for more accounting and finance opportunities! I look forward to reviewing your resume!
Please apply with your CV to: