Accounting Principals is looking to fill a Senior Accountant role with our client in the Oakland CA, area! A person who has extensive accounting experience and also is familiar with the whole close process would do great in this role. The company is in the construction industry and is growing rapidly, looking to add another great addition to their team! The salary range is up to $90K based on experience and relevancy to the job.
• Process bi-weekly payroll, review and verify accuracy of timecards. Coordinate with plant management and supervisors to ensure all applicable pay codes and special pay circumstances are appropriately compensated.
• Verify accuracy of information input in payroll system by HR, including pay rates, withholdings, 401K elections and other deductions.
• Process manual payroll checks as needed.
• Prepare and enter journal entries into ERP system to record financial transactions, including payroll related accruals. Coordinate with plant management to obtain detail needed to properly reclass payroll expenses related to capital projects.
• Prepare bonus schedules, issue monthly/quarterly communications to employees on bonus achievement and process quarterly/annual bonus payments.
• Prepare sales manager commission statements.
• Manage the setup of payroll tax accounts in new states as needed.
• Prepare and post journal entries.
5-7 years accounting experience
3-5 years experience in year-end closing
Flexibility within work flow as things do change throughout the year
Great Excel skills
And great ability to work within a team and with other departments
• Reconcile general ledger accounts and bank accounts.
• Review foreign currency balances in UK accounts and initiate transfers to USD accounts to minimize FX impact at month end.
• Prepare month end reports and schedules for assigned areas
• Ensure compliance with Internal Controls in assigned areas and complete quarter end certification documents.
• Provide support to all audits including the following areas: Financial, Worker’s Compensation and 401K.
• Generate weekly operations expense detail and open PO reports. Coordinate with plant management to identify improperly recorded expenses and reclass as appropriate. Identify POs set up with incorrect GL coding and work with Purchasing to ensure POs are corrected prior to receipt of goods in the system.
• Prepare weekly report identifying missing POs and missing receiving transactions related to open vendor invoices. Communicates with Plant Management to request missing information and transactions.
• Prepare and distribute weekly labor analysis reports and respond to all related inquiries from plant management.
• Coordinate completion and submission of quarterly internal control certifications from all departments. Work with Controller and VP of Finance to resolve issues requiring remediation.
If this position interest you or you would like to learn more please apply today! Or check out our many other job opportunities on our website today at AccountingPrincipals.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Please apply with your CV to: