Come join our family of operating companies with over 150 years of superior service! We are a market leader and continue to grow our footprint throughout the United States! We are actively interviewing for a Senior Construction Accountant. The position is located at our Brea Headquarters and there is great opportunity for development and career growth! As part of this $500MM division of a publicly traded company you will have opportunity to grow your technical skills and experience!
We work hard and invest in our employees. We believe if we listen to your goals we connect better! We are seeking a new addition to our work "family" whose contributions will be recognized and rewarded through lunches, dinners, incentives, potlucks, and much more!
The Senior Construction Accountant is responsible for supporting various aspects of the accounting and finance function, particularly inventory and construction revenue recognition analysis, researching actual to budget P&L variances, preparation of monthly and quarterly reporting packages (internally to the board of directors and externally to lenders), responding to business-wide requests and assisting with monthly journal entries, balance sheet, and P&L account reconciliations.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare monthly closing activities for multiple entities including but not limited to recording construction cost, revenue, over and under bill entries, inventory variance entries, general journal entries (cash, prepaid amortizations, accruals, reserves), coding corporate invoices, and preparing balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Assists in the preparation of consolidated financial statements by reviewing, analyzing, and interpreting US GAAP; elimination of inter-company transactions; creation of cash flow statements and preparation of footnote disclosures
- Reviews, investigates and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, systems, documents, and reports
- Work in tandem within the finance Team to deliver information for planning, actual, and analysis to drive business performance
- Construction WIP and revenue recognition reconciliation and analysis
- Inventory variance analysis (true ups reserves, actual vs FIFO, etc)
- Deliver timely, accurate and effective analyses and reporting of financial metrics and key performance indicators
- Improve business processes by implementing controls, policies, and procedures for the accounting department as needed
- Monitors compliance with controls and company procedures to ensure data integrity of all financial information
- Researches US GAAP and assists in the preparation of technical accounting memos and department updates
- Supports special accounting projects as required
- Mentors/supports lower level colleagues
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- International degrees will be considered
- Will consider straight out of public accounting with construction industry experience
- CPA or in process preferred
- Intermediate or advanced MS Excel skills (H/V lookup, macros, pivot tables)
- Experience using financial ERP software such as Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains
- Able to support a high growth multi-site, multi-state business
- Comfortable working to tight deadlines in an entrepreneurial business environment
- Good at managing own time within project deadlines
- Team player - promotes harmonious team working environment
- Team oriented
For immediate consideration email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and call 626.404.0850
Please apply with your CV to: