We have partnered with a Richardson TX healthcare company to find a Senior Accountant for a contract to hire opportunity paying in the $40hr range. The role is in office. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for achieving accounting operational objectives by contributing accounting information and recommendations to strategic plans and review; preparing and completing action plans; resolving problem; completion of audit process; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
What You Will Be Doing:
• Work with Management in developing procedural efficiencies in the financial processes while maximizing our use of our current accounting and billing systems.
• Support the documentation, reporting and achievement of monthly metrics as defined by Management.
• Observe and document processes and procedures related to all aspects of Accounting functions; as well as identity and provide input on areas for improvement.
• Assist the Accounting Manager in overseeing and growing the Staff Accountants in payroll, accounts receivable, and accounts payable responsibilities. Report updates and concerns to the Accounting Manager in a timely manner.
• Creating and assisting Staff Accountants in creating journal entries, month-end accruals, coordinate the distribution of routine financial reports, maintain/update monthly accounting schedules, preparation of GL account reconciliations, period closing, internal reporting, and the analysis and reconciliation of banking activity.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of internal controls over accounting systems and records maintenance invoiced in the accounting, accounts receivable, and payroll functions.
• Ensure all journal entries are supported with proper documentation for audit purposes.
• Work with Accounting Manager to monitor A/P and A/R aging schedules, and communicate actions with other accountants.
• Maintain the Fixed Asset ledger and record purchases and disposals accordingly
• Work with others to ensure proper accounting methodology is understood and applied, especially in unique situations outside the course of everyday transactions.
• Oversee invoice processing, validation/documentation processes and issue resolution to ensure payments are accurate and timely.
• Support all accounts payable responsibilities required for period close including reconciliations, preparation of month-end accruals, journal entries and reporting.
• Support the documentation, reporting and achievement of monthly accounts payable metrics as defined by Management.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Please apply with your CV to: