Accounting Principals is seeking a Senior Accountant for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Raleigh.
• Assist in month-end close process, including preparing, entering and uploading general ledger journal entries.
• Perform monthly general ledger account reconciliations and assist with tracking of reconciliations to ensure timely completion.
• Prepare and maintain various analyses and schedules that help ensure the accuracy of monthly and quarterly financial data as well as assist in forecasting and budgeting processes.
• Ensure accurate reporting of fixed assets by maintaining open lines of communications with operations team regarding capital expenditures and fixed asset disposals.
• Comply with and enhance internal controls, policies, procedures, and process definition and improvement
• Have thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Assist with various other state and local tax filings.
• Work with external auditors as required, supporting periodic and annual audits in accordance with GAAP
• Serve as an informative resource to departments external of corporate accounting team.
• Proficiency with large ERP system, Excel, including pivot tables and VLOOKUP
• Participate in various projects as assigned.
• BA/BS in Accounting required, CPA preferred
• 3 to 5 years accounting experience
• Demonstrated ability to meet monthly closing and project deadlines
• Self-starter with a strong sense of urgency and sharp business acumen
• Ability to prioritize and multitask
• Strong attention to detail and well organized
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced MS Excel skills
Compensation is commensurate with experience. We look forward to reviewing your resume!
Please apply with your CV to: