Excellent Senior Accountant job located in New Hyde Park, NY is looking for a candidate to start with their growing team. Ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years experience with preparation of financial statements, posting and reconciling accounts payable and accounts receivable, and assisting with tax returns and audits.
To qualify for this job, must have a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance. Company offers competitive benefits and compensation for experience.
Senior Accountant Job Responsibilities:
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Plan, assign and review staff’s work
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Liaise with our Financial manager and Accounting manager to improve financial procedures
Requirements for the Senior Accountant Job:
- Proven experience as a financial controller, accounting supervisor, chief or senior accountant
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like QuickBooks
- MS Excel skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
APPLY TODAY! Excellent Job Opportunities await for you at Accounting Principals!
To learn more about the senior accountant job in New Hyde Park, NY, please apply directly to this position with your resume in MS Word. Other great opportunities are available at Accounting Principals so please log on to www.accountingprincipals.com to learn more!