Senior Accountant job in Norridge, IL
An innovative manufacturing company in Irvine is experiencing expediential growth and looking to add a Senior Accountant to their team.
• Conduct month end close activities to include the preparation and review of: account reconciliations, journal entries, accrual schedules, variance analysis, and internal financial statements and monthly reporting package. Ensure compliance with GAAP.
• Prepare and effectively communicate financial statement fluctuations, both balance sheet and income statement as it relates to prior year, budget and forecast, identifying root causes for variances and resolution of issues.
• Prepare and review various month end close reports, financial statements and analysis in order to validate the accuracy of the financial information, including but not limited to documenting results for submission to management and external auditors.
• Responsible for financial reporting systems and procedures, working to improve processes through existing software and software enhancements. Identify and implement ways to promote efficiency within the company’s financial reporting process.
• Ad hoc reporting and analysis, as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from a reputable school/program.
• 3+ years related work experience in either public accounting (with manufacturing clients) or corporate accounting experience with a manufacturing company
• Advanced Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) skills.
• Highly organized and motivated self-starter.
• Ability to identify trends and key issues, understand the implications and communicate concisely.
If you feel that this position is a match for you, please submit us your resume today for immediate consideration! For more exciting opportunities in accounting and finance, visit the Accounting Principals website at www.accountingprincipals.com. Thanks for taking the time to explore this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please apply with your CV to: