We are seeking an immediate contract position for our accounting team, which can transition into a possible full-time position. The work week is generally 40-50 hours with extended hours during month-end close. The role will cover customary senior accountant / assistant controller level functions and responsibilities. We are a wholesale manufacturer of highly engineered products, selling through a multitude of channels, both domestic and international.
The role’s duties include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing intelligent, accurate, useful, meaningful, and easy to digest reports and schedules for both financial and non financial users with specific deadlines.
- Maintaining and reconciling balance sheet accounts for parent, subsidiary, and divisional entities. Preparing reconciliations and analysis by verifying, allocating, posting, and investigating data and transactions.
- Maintaining general ledger integrity. Monitoring balance sheet and income statement account activities, remaining alert to deviations and aberrations.
- Month-end close processes.
- Monthly financial statement preparation, reporting, and analysis of balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
- Assisting with independent and bank audits by gathering data and preparing reports for audit teams.
- Assisting with annual budget activities.
- Assisting with insurance renewal processes.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams in a communicative environment.
Education / Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- CPA certificate is preferred
- 6-7 years’ experience in a similar role
- Previous public accounting experience in audit preferred
- Large ERP / SAP / NetSuite experience a plus