Are you a Senior Accountant who is looking to transition into the nonprofit sector? This Senior Accountant job is located in Downtown Manhattan and offers a dynamic worked environment in the healthcare space. To be considered you should have proven ability to work effectively between multiple projects and have been heavily involved in audit processes. PeopleSoft experience is preferred. Bachelor’s degree required.
In the Senior Accountant job you may expect to perform the following functions:
- Prepare journal entries, and update all documents for month end (including fixed assets and depreciation, insurance expense and other accrued expenses)
- Prepare and review financial statements on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting including expense analysis
- Compile documentation for annual audit
- Process monthly general ledger closing
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable backup
- Various other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/ Finance
- Four to six years of experience in corporate accounting
- Meticulously detail-oriented and able to work under minimal supervision
- PeopleSoft experience preferred
- Excellent MS Excel skills, understanding of the general ledger and financial analysis proficiencies
- Strong verbal/written communication and organizational skills a must
Please submit your resume below for immediate consideration if you feel this is the Senior Accountant job in Downtown Manhattan is a fit for you!