Senior Accountant Job - San Francisco, CA
Are you interested in working for a growing San Francisco company that is a recognized industry leader and serves Fortune 100 clients? Do you thrive in a value-driven, collaborative environment where you can contribute to the innovative and high-growth company culture? In this permanent role, our client is looking for an adaptable, curious Senior Accountant to join their dynamic team and support day-to-day operations and the month-end close. This position reports directly to the Senior Accounting Manager and operates as the second-in-command, which means there are growth opportunities and the ability to have hands-on impact and define processes. Our ideal Senior Accountant candidate would be a collaborative self-starter who has strong accounting experience, either public or private.
As a Senior Accountant, you will:
- Support month/quarter/year-end close, including journal entries and reconciliations
- Ensure compliance with GAAP for all processes including GL, journal entries, and reconciliations
- Assist with external audits and implementing best accounting practices
- Document and improve internal controls
- Support with implementation of new systems and automating manual processes
- 4-6 years of accounting experience
- Public accounting experience (auditing/advisory) preferred
- Proficiency in Excel (pivot table and vlookup required)
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- CPA or CPA eligible candidate a plus
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or related field preferred
If you are a team-oriented and analytical Senior Accountant looking for your next exciting career opportunity, please apply today! For more exciting accounting & finance opportunities, visit the Accounting Principals website at www.accountingprincipals.com. Thank you for taking the time to explore this opportunity – we look forward to hearing from you!
**Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.**