The following framework illustrates essential functions which are required for the success of the role. The key area for this role will be, through work with the line manager, to create a strong controls environment in conjunction with efficient processes
- Ensures that Grant accounting procedures comply with A-133 regulations.
- Responsible for reconciliation and verification of NIH cash draws. Prepares quarterly NSF Request for Funds.
- Prepares year-end schedules required by auditors for the financial audit relating to grant accounting. Assists in answering questions related to grant schedules and processes.
- Calculates and prepares grant income accrual journal entry at month end.
- Acts as a resource person for operational issues within Grant accounting area.
- Prepares Financial Status Reports and various reports for government agencies as necessary
- Prepares and answers correspondence for outside agencies and Medical Center/Beckman Research departments in relation to assigned grants.
- Bachelor's degree. Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements
- 5-8 years in government grant accounting and/or fund accounting.
- Computer accounting experience desirable.
- Strong management and interpersonal skills. Must be able to influence without authority, and motivate all levels within the business in order to achieve objectives.