Do you have three to five years of public accounting experience? Are you looking to have a work life balance during the busy tax season? If so, we would like to speak with you!! Accounting Principals is assisting a Norfolk CPA firm client in its search for a Staff Accountant. In this role, you will prepare business and individual tax returns as well as assist in audit engagements. This is a full-time, contract to hire position with a starting salary of $19.23 to $24.03 an hour based on experience.
Your duties and responsibilities for this Staff Accountant position include:
- Prepare and review tax returns for individuals, partnerships, corporations and fiduciary clients
- Assist in preparation and review of compiled, reviewed and audited financial statements
- Work independently and take responsibility for managing projects and clients with minimal supervision
- Build, maintain, and develop client relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA license and or CPA candidate preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of public accounting experience
- Background in tax and or audit
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Engagement CS and Ultra Tax software a plus
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong research and writing skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Must be able to work autonomously and be self-motivated
If you are interested in this Staff Accountant job in Norfolk, VA or any other Accounting and Finance opportunities, please apply online at www.accountingprincipals.com.
Follow Us on Facebook:
Accounting Principals is a leader in finance and accounting staffing. With every assignment, we seek to prove our value to candidates and clients. Our people-focused approach is what sets us apart. We know that every opening is more than a job and that every candidate is more than a resume. We work closely with candidates to understand their needs and apply our industry expertise to make matches for clients that drive business results. Our ability to dynamically balance the needs of our clients and candidates with the right solutions enables us to make the right fit and achieve success.