We are actively searching to add a Property Accountant to our dynamic accounting team in our Roseville, CA office! This job offers a unique opportunity to join a fast growing, full service commercial real estate company with an established family-type, fun culture!
In short, our Accountant will spend majority of their time reviewing and analyzing our clerks' AR and AP work (occasionally helping with invoice entry), performing the bank reconcilations and prepping the financials statements for a number of our properties. Candidate must be self-motivated, proactive, highly organized and have the ability to work independently.
In addition, the person for this position should be interested in learning, comfortable working and contributing to a team environment, and enjoy being in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Multi-tasking and being extremely detailed oriented is essential for this position and candidate must have the ability to work under pressure with various projects and deadlines, while reporting to multiple people.
We're partnering with Andrew Walsh from Accounting Principals to help us find our candidate, as this is a long term, contract to hire role (emphasis on the to hire). Please read through the below responsibilities and requirements below and if this opportunity sounds like one you would like to explore, please reach out to Andy right away at email@example.com to expedite the process (applications can also be sent directly from this portal).
• Completes accounting transactions in preparation of client financial statement packages
• Prepare monthly cash and accrual financials reports and send to investors/lenders
• Perform bank reconciliations
• Monitor cash flow, maintain cash logs to ensure adequate cash for projected monthly expenses
• Prepare funding requests
• Review and post payable invoices to ensure accuracy of information
• Ensures that all expenses, receipts, owner’s distributions, funding requests and other transactions for
the accounting period have been accurately posted
• Post recurring journal entries to accrual based properties
• Create property tax and insurance accrual schedules; confirm payments are made
• Communicate with Property Management staff for AP, AR and other accounting issues
• Assistance with the annual budget process and variance reporting
• Assists in training team members on portfolio specific transactions and provide technical guidance
• Decisions made with general understanding of company policies and procedures to achieve set
results and deadlines
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is nice to have but not required with the below experience
• A minimum of 2+ years property management or mutli-client accounting experience required (performing the exact or similar duties listed above)
• Yardi property management software a HUGE plus
• Advanced level knowledge of GAAP (cash, accrual and full GAAP)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proactive-type performer
Again, please send your resume directly to Andy if this position sounds like one you'd like to explore (firstname.lastname@example.org)... we look forward to hearing from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Please apply with your CV to: