Accounting Principals has an immediate temp to hire Project Controller job opportunity with a dynamic governmental contractor in the West Knoxville area. In this position, you will assist in the administration of the financial and accounting operations of the company and will ensure compliance with accounting and financial policies & regulations. Salary up to $70K.
• Work closely with the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) points of contact, supervisor and technology area directors to prepare budgets for the institute and its projects.
• Work directly with DOE and partners regarding budget comments and reconciliation.
• Monitor budgets and expenditures. Report any variances to supervisor and collaborate on solutions to reduce budgetary discrepancies. Review budget proposals for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with laws and regulations.
• Work closely with contracts to ensure budgets are accurately reflected in the appropriate project agreement. Review and approve requested budget changes.
• Discussions with industry partners regarding cost share requirements and cash payment terms.
• Lead training sessions with industry partners regarding company financial obligations.
• Prepare and analyze monthly budget variance reports and present to management.
• Develop and prepare detailed financial, cost, budget, and accounting reports, statements, and schedules for management review.
• Classify accounting documents to appropriate accounts to ensure accurate financial record-keeping.
• Reconcile accounts to determine the nature and extent of discrepancies.
• Assist with special project and ad hoc reporting as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in finance or related business field.
• 5+ years of project finance experience with demonstrated planning, organizing, and management skills and ability to coordinate many projects simultaneously.
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, advanced knowledge of MS Excel needed.
• Ability to quickly gain an understanding of the current capabilities, policies and practices, administrative structure, and culture of the company’s federal, state, and industry partners
• Demonstrated planning, organizing, and management skills and ability to coordinate many projects simultaneously
• Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships with partners from industry, government and non-profit organizations
• Experience with finance and accounting reporting and software systems
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.