Project Accountant Job in Seattle, WA
A creative staffing firm is looking for you to fill their Project Accountant job! This position will assist the Controller with the day to day corporate accounting and handle the several projects that they are working on. This position will handle all aspects of the day to day accounting functions that encompass the project reach. This is a permanent opportunity. You will be working on a small team and taking ownership of all the accounting activities. This will include accounts payable, accounts receivable, journal entries, job costing, payroll, and general ledger maintenance. While the growth in terms of title is small, the company is hoping to groom this individual to take on more responsibilities and eventually take over for the Controller down the line.
Your Job responsibilities include:
¿ Handling all aspects of accounts payable, , check runs, entering estimates, job costing, payroll, and billing.
¿ Accounts payable responsibilities might include documenting vouchers for review and approval, code invoices, scan invoices, approve invoices, upload invoices, prints checks, vendor maintenance, reach and resolve invoice discrepancies, and process AP Transfers.
¿ Assist with payroll functions will include weekly payroll processing, GL posting and reconciliations, labor costing, check runs, withholdings maintenance, and weekly labor reports.
¿ Assist with month end close and reporting
¿ Other projects as needed
• BA degree preferred, AA Degree minimally required.
• 2+ years of accounting experience
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; ability to read and interpret complex documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to apply concepts of bookkeeping
If you would like to be considered for this job click “apply” below. For additional opportunities in the area please visit our website accountingprincipals.com. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Please apply with your CV to: