My client provides construction services as a general contractor, construction manager and design/builder serving a variety of clients.They are seeking to add a project accountant to their team.The successful candidate will be responsible for effectively and accurately provide project billings to owners for detailed large construction projects.
This position will be responsible for the management of all project billings, job cost reporting, labor tracking and subcontractor billings. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work and communicate with the Client, understand their accounting systems, have experience working with a General Contractor and have worked with clients in the Casino and or Hospitality industry.
Job expectations/requirements for Project Accountant includes;
• Experience working with General Contractor
• Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget.
• Experience in creating project billings for different types of contracts (GMP, Cost Plus, Lump Sum)
• Displays a working knowledge of basic construction accounting software (ECMS, Procore, Sage)
• Familiar with labor rates and associated fringes
• Understanding of NV law and lien releases
• Manages all required paperwork that is required such as EEO reporting to ensure billing back up information is complete.
• Coordinate as needed with corporate office and CFO.
• Accurately keeps project costs up to date and works with Project Manager(s) to produce accurate project projections.
• Reports external issues to the CFO on within an appropriate time limit.
• Responsible for all AP/AR and associated requirements (Lien releases or other) for project. Works with corporate office as needed to ensure smooth and timely interactions.
• Works with owner to ensure all billings are processed and reconciled when payments are received.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting -3-5 years of accounting/financial reporting experience
-Must have spreadsheet (excel) experience (i.e. vlookups, Pivot Tables, Marcos).
-Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem solving skills
-Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and other departments.
Should you be interested in this opportunity, and meet the above qualifications, please email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org