We are working with a rapidly growing, prestigious organization to fill a long term contract Project Accountant job in New York, NY. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three to five years of experience working in a project based accounting role out of the architectural, engineering or construction industries. If you are a self-motivated individual who is able to work independently, this is the job for you. This position is paying an hourly wage commensurate on experience and is offering overtime compensation.
Primary Job Duties:
- Perform general ledger account analysis and account reconciliation
- Manage the AIA billing process
- Prepare budgets and forecasts for various projects throughout the organization
- Determine variances and report to senior management
- Assist with monthly close and the preparation of financial statements
Qualifications should include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Experience with Great Plains is a major plus or related ERP
- Advanced Excel skills – formulas, pivot tables, vlookups
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
Please apply today for consideration for the contract Project Accountant job in New York, NY.
Please apply with your CV to: