Project Accountant Job in Miami, FL
We are looking for a motivated project accountant to join our Corporate Accounting team. The Project Accountant reports to the Manager of Construction Accounting in performing multiple duties related to the construction accounting projects, including pre-openings, transitions and renovations. This position will focus on the following tasks: publishing draw packages, balance sheet analysis, month-end close processes, project management the timely processing and payment of AP, budget versus actual analysis, forecasting, and other special projects. This position will interact with third party owners, senior level management at the Home Office and property level management.
• Review and analyze the general ledger for accuracy and veracity.
• Prepare pre-opening payroll monthly journal entries and create analysis sheet to compare actual versus forecast.
• Prepare monthly intercompany analysis, including processing payments with Corporate Accounting team
• Receive, code, track and process invoices for each separate project and process required payments for AP through monthly draw process.
• Prioritize required payments along with off-cycle cash requests based on available working capital or timing of owner funding. (Higher volumes depending on status of construction project)
• Month-end close entries for all construction projects, including but not limited to fixed assets, prepaid accounts, accruals, cost reclassifications, etc
• Prepare monthly draw reporting packages for Owners and follow up on a regular basis to guarantee timely funding.
• Participate in construction project status calls, providing updates on accounting items (i.e. funding status, budget versus actual, etc.)
• Prepare month-end bank and balance sheet reconciliations for all projects and accounts.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred.
• 1 - 2 years of related work experience. Hospitality experience preferred.
• Peoplesoft accounting software and/or SAP Planning and Consolidation (BPC) required.
• Must have excellent analytical skills with the ability to interpret and prepare financial reports.
• Strong project management skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present issues and findings to various target audiences.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint;