Job Title: PEO Specialist II, Tax Reporting
The PEO Specialist II, Tax Reporting will assist in tax reporting compliance activities as they relate to Internal employees and PEO level reporting regulatory requirements. The person in this position will remit payroll tax, audit tax records, respond to internal inquiries regarding tax compliance, and assist in ensuring Internal employees and PEO tax accounts are compliant through the following duties.
• Process and pay multi-state and local tax deposits at the PEO level timely and accurately, adhering to both state and organizational policies and guidelines.
• Coordinate printing/electronic filing of returns on behalf of PEO’s, following up with correspondence or communication received from governmental agencies.
• Analyze data at quarter/year end for accuracy and document as required for SOX controls and organizational requirements.
• Work reporting team emails that may be in a queue or Salesforce case and manage internal/external Salesforce cases meeting service level agreements (SLA’s) and within the department policy timeline guidelines.
• Audit client tax detail and provided changes to required teams for updates.
• Communicate payroll tax issues orally and in written form with internal support groups and clients.
• Meet posting deadlines for all journal entries.
• Participate in enhancement and break fix testing.
• Review and update desk procedures as needed.
• Assist in training of new PEO specialists.
• Learn the TriNet culture, policies and procedures, and troubleshooting requirements to be able to help with internal customers
• Navigate web-based state government systems to make payments and file returns
Other ad hoc projects and responsibilities may be added based on manager’s discretion.
Education: Associates Degree in finance or-related field desired, or equivalent education and/or related work experience
Training Requirements: Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) Preferred but not required.
Experience: 2-4 years’ experience in business setting, PEO experience and knowledge of payroll processing preferred
• Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Superior customer service skills. Always customer focused when servicing colleagues.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely with several departments.
• Consistent and sustained quality in data entry and ability to meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• High commitment to professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
• Ability to adapt to a fast paced continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities
• Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks and projects
• Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
• Ability to audit detail in Payroll and Tax Software.
• Knowledgeable on web-based payroll software
• Proficient with Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Location is remote home office
Designated home office space required
Adequate Internet Connection Required
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.accountingprincipals.com/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Please apply with your CV to: