Accounting Principals is looking for a Payroll Tax Analyst for one of our clients located in south Nashville. This is an exciting opportunity to join a well known nationwide organization in the retail/hospitality industry. Working closely with the Payroll Director, this person would be responsible for the preparing, filing and reconciling all payroll taxes for this organization. The ideal candidate has 3+ years of payroll tax filing experience, is organized, accurate and works well alongside a team.
Responsibilities of the Payroll Tax Analyst
- Serve as payroll tax support for payroll team, including wage correction question or earning/deduction code taxability questions.
- Process federal, state, and local tax payments daily for multiple entities through EFTPS or agency specific methods.
- File monthly, quarterly and annual withholding and unemployment wage reports, including W-2 annual filings, either electronically or via paper depending on agency requirements.
- Prepare and file amended tax returns as needed, including corrected W-2C forms.
- Register for new state or local withholding and state unemployment tax accounts.
- File state closure or inactivation forms as necessary.
- Research and resolve tax notices from federal, state, or local agencies.
- Prepare Form 940 and Form 941 for reconciliation
- Monitor and state unemployment tax rates and complete required multiple work site reports.
- Respond to and assist employee inquiries regarding payroll, taxes, garnishments, time off, and time keeping matters.
- Register for state withholding, unemployment, and local tax agency accounts.
- Research and resolve tax notices, including tax return amendments.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with in payroll/payroll tax
- Previous experience working with multiple FEIN's
- High School Diploma or Associates Degree in related field
- ADP payroll platform experience preferred but not required
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel fluency
- Knowledge of payroll laws and compliance
This is a DIRECT HIRE opportunity
***Please respond by clicking "Apply Now" to submit your resume for consideration and to be contacted by a recruiter. We look forward to speaking with you!