We have partnered up with a large company in the Hauppauge, NY area. We are seeking an experienced Payroll Specialist.
This is a full time opportunity.
Job Summary: The Payroll Coordinator is responsible for processing weekly union and non-union payroll by ensuring compliance with all applicable Federal and State laws in addition to the Company’s standards, policies and procedures. Research and resolve any payroll discrepancies and answer any payroll related questions.
- Prepare and input weekly payroll data to ensure proper and timely payment to both union and non-union employees, including proper deductions and payments for multi-state payrolls across the country.
- Follow up with Project Managers for timecard review and approvals.
- Process W4’s and direct deposits.
- Ensure proper completion and filing of all compliance reporting to include union withholding and reporting, prevailing wage, certified payroll and state and federal taxes.
- Issue manual checks for urgent requests such as adjustments and layoffs that cannot be included on normal payroll distributions.
- Handle inquiries relating to employee paychecks. Research items in question, resolve discrepancies, follow-up call and issue memos as needed.
- Process weekly 401(k), FSA, garnishment as well as weekly and monthly union payments.
- Complete mortgage verifications.
- Minimum 2 years of administrative payroll experience with increasing responsibility.
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) and in-house payroll systems.
- Detailed oriented and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills along with very strong organizational skills.
- Absolute professionalism and discreetness.
- Experience with Viewpoint desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Management or a related field.
???????APPLY TODAY!! Excellent Opportunity.
Please apply with your CV to: