Accounting Principals is looking for a self-motivated, high energy Payroll Specialist in Wayne, Pennsylvania. The right individual for this position will be able to successfully prioritize and manage multiple payroll practitioners, while maintaining a high level of accounting services and professionalism.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Process end-to-end US payroll, accurately and according to their respective payroll cycles.
Oversee and train Payroll Practitioners.
Provides direction to Payroll Practitioners on payroll rules and procedures, Federal, state and local laws and regulations involving payroll.
Researches, analyzes and resolves advanced technical problems or questions presented by Payroll Practitioners.
Ensure changes to employee data are reflected in payroll in a timely manner (including new hires, promotions, transfers and terminations).
ADP custom reporting/analysis of miscellaneous reports for Payroll Supervisor, Payroll Manager, accounting and/or HR.
Identify key and/or recurring issues, and work to resolve through training, configuration, and/or policy and procedural solutions.
Set-up and maintain payroll-related activities such as time off accruals & balances, holiday pay, garnishments, proration, and manual check calculations.
Review payroll related transactions to ensure accuracy and completeness of data, interface management & reconciliation of data.
Provide expertise on payroll regulations, including US Federal, State wage/hour regulations (FLSA) and best practices Provide support for compliance requirements that have a direct effect on payroll processing.
Be a resource to employees to provide them with an understanding of the payroll process as well as assisting with employee questions regarding pay.
Reinforcing company policies and procedures.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related discipline;
• Three (3) or more years’ experience as an existing payroll manager or Five (5) or more years’ experience as a payroll specialist with current (past 2 years) knowledge and experience;
• Previous experience with payroll service providers or PEOs such as ADP, Paychex, Ulti-pro, etc. is required;
• Highly ethical, trustworthy individual;
• Must possess strong oral and written communication skills;
• Ability to accurately perform simple to semi-advanced calculations;
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills with intermediate keyboarding /data -entry abilities;
• Ability to work under pressure in a team environment;
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.accountingprincipals.com/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Please apply with your CV to: