Payroll Specialist - Northbrook
We are currently looking for a hardworking individual with experience in Payroll in the Northbrook area! To be a successful part of this team, the individual must have a great attention to detail, punctuality, and great organizational skills. The Payroll Specialist will be tasked in maintaining accurate payroll records in a weekly and bi-weekly basis as well as assuring the accuracy and promptness of said reports.
As a Payroll Specialist, your job duties will include:
- Identify and verify errors and variances in weekly and bi-weekly timesheets
- Work closely with supervisors and/or HR representatives to resolve issues with the electronic time card records.
- Process payroll information for new employees into the ADP system as well as tax documentations
- Process data corrections in the ADP system for accuracy and completeness
- Participate in new employee orientations
- Assist the HR Department and Payroll Team members regarding changes in company benefits, government compliance reporting and filings, and special projects.
- 1 to 5 years in Payroll and/or Human Resources experience
- Ability to work a 40hr week and flexibility to work additional hours until all tasks are completed within specified deadlines
- General math skills and ability to calculate discounts, interest, commissions, and proportions
- Ability to thrive in a team environment through communication, problem solving, and technical know-how
- ADP payroll software proficiency preferred in addition to Microsoft Office products, Word and Excel.
- Aptitude to learning new computer programs as well as general office and/or personal equipment; computers, fax machines, calculators, etc…
If you are interested in the Payroll Specialist position in Northbrook, we want to hear from you! Please click the yellow “apply with us” button to apply now or go to www.accountingprincipals.com to check out additional opportunities.