Payroll Specialist Job – Glenview, IL
Attention payroll professionals! An excellent, established, global food distribution company in the Glenview area is seeking an experienced Payroll Specialist to join their welcoming team. To be considered you must have experience processing high volume payroll and have worked with ADP software. Work alongside the Payroll Supervisor while earning excellent benefits, PTO and salary. If you meet the below requirements, please submit your resume today for immediate consideration!
- Hands on processing three payrolls for 1000 full time and 600 seasonal employees across all accounts and groups.
- Compile payroll data which with details such as: number of days attended work, number of hours work, taxes and insurance applicable and any dues that need to be withheld.
- Prepares computer input forms, enters data into computer files, or computes wages and deductions and posts to payroll records.
- Records changes affecting net wages, for example exemptions, insurance coverage, and loan payments for each employee to update master payroll records.
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, and disability
- Determines payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Complies with Federal, State, and Local Wage & Hour and Tax compliance regulations by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years related experience payroll processing for 1000+ employees for a multi-state employer with multiple locations. Experience in combination with education will be considered.
- Experience with HRIS system, ADP is preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices.
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
If you are interested in the Payroll Specialist job in Glenview, IL, we want to hear from you! Please click the yellow "apply with us" button to apply now or go to www.accountingprincipals.com to apply and check out additional opportunities.