Excellent Payroll Specialist job located in Melville, NY is looking for a candidate to start right away with their growing team. Ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years experience processing payroll for union and non union employees, must have ADP experience and must have accurate data entry skills.
This Payroll Specialist Job Responsibilities:
- Prepare payroll for union and non-union employees (about 500 employees).
- Track all changes, special payments, garnishments and deductions to ensure accuracy and proper processing.
- Collaborate with all Supervisors to ensure time and attendance detail is accurate and submitted.
- Handle any incoming communications regarding filings, reports, audits, etc.
- Respond to employee questions concerning paycheck, deductions, holiday, vacation and sick time.
- Ensure federal, state and internal policies and laws are continuously met for various states.
- Process new hire, change of status and termination documentation as it occurs.
- Proficient in MS Excel (vlookups)
- Experience with union and non union payroll
- Strong verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills. Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Proactive, self-starter that works well in a team environment
This job offers:
- Excellent benefits including 401k, medical and dental
To learn more about the payroll specialist job in Melville, NY, please apply directly to this job with your resume in MS Word or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.