Our client is a local college with an opening in their payroll department!
If you’re a sharp, highly personable Payroll professional with a knack for numbers and demonstrated experience processing payroll and utilizing Excel, you may be interested in our Payroll Specialist opportunity in Fort Washington, PA!
Your routine-oriented and collaborative nature will serve you well as you work hand in hand with our Payroll Manager and HR Generalist in the timely and accurate processing of our biweekly payroll and benefits processes for the home office and community locations in an efficient, accurate and confidential manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Assist with payroll processing for all corporate entities, processing of manual adjustments; regular and ad hoc reporting requirements, coordination with necessary taxing and other agencies related to payroll, etc.
• Support timely and accurate calculation and delivery of employee pay, paid time off, deductions, taxes, etc. including time reporting, employee data capture, payroll processing, and compliance with internal and external payroll, tax and audit requirements
• Partner with Talent Acquisition to manage the offer letter process, electronic new hire form submission and the accurate completion of employee records in the Human Resources Information System
• Oversee the electronic I-9 and EVerify processes to ensure timely completion and compliance; provide assistance and troubleshooting to supervisors required to complete these processes
• Confirm start and end dates of employee benefit deductions before each bi-weekly payroll is processed
• Collaborate with the HR Generalist to conduct monthly benefit invoice payment processing and audit
• Monitor the electronic employee change request process and perform the associated necessary actions within the human resources information system
• Assist in the management of employee medical leave & FMLA requests, submission of disability & life insurance claims
• Provide biweekly COBRA reporting and serve as the point of contact for related inquiries
• Develop and maintain relationships with internal service providers and customers
• Monitor policies and procedures for all Payroll and Tax process and responsibilities
• Apply knowledge and understanding of quality principles, including continuous improvement processes
• Identify payroll vulnerabilities and opportunities for improvement
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
•3+ years of Payroll Processing Experience – Multistate experience is a plus!
• Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment, must include Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping
• Strong corporate governance and internal control understanding, knowledge, and skills and ability to understand, design, and implement effective control models and designs
• Knowledge of payroll, time reporting and other HR systems, processes, regulations, and policies
• Strong problem solving skills and the ability to think critically, and make effective decisions in high-pressure situations.
• Strong teamwork, process-orientation, and customer service focus
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• High level of confidentiality
If you are qualified or interested in this position, please contact me at 215-606-9884 or email me at Elena.Cruz@accountingprincipals.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.accountingprincipals.com/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Please apply with your CV to: