Now hiring in Puyallup, WA for a Payroll Manager who will have leadership over a Payroll team and cross-collaborate with other departments for projects to increase productivity. This will be a direct hire opportunity with a large company and the chance to implement new processes!
• Manages employees within the Payroll department by training, coaching, and monitoring job results.
• Has strong knowledge of prevailing wage, garnishments, and monitors payroll from a compliance standpoint.
• Updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and transfers.
• Directs the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts.
• Prepares reports by compiling earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
• Maintains and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
• 4+ years of experience in a Payroll capacity, with at least 2+ years of experience in a management or supervisory role
• BS/BA in Business Administration, Accounting, Human Resources or related field preferred. Certifications in Payroll are also highly desirable.
• Strong working knowledge of payroll procedures and related laws
• Excellent understanding of multi-state payroll and taxes
• Familiarity with payroll software/ HRIS (e.g. People Soft, ADP, Kronos) and MS Office (especially Excel)
• Organizational and leadership skills
Puyallup, Washington (May potentially work out of Tacoma, WA)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please visit https://www.accountingprincipals.com/candidate-privacy/
Please apply with your CV to: