Payroll Manager opportunity for an outstanding client in the Louisville area!
The Payroll Manager plays an important support role with oversight responsibility for all aspects of payroll processing for a multi-state/multi-province. The position is responsible for the preparation, audit, documentation, and disbursement of hourly and salary payroll, and ensures that all processes are compliant with federal, state and local agencies.
Critical aspects of the Payroll Manager’s contributions are maintaining high standards of integrity, accountability, transparency and compliance including with regard to internal policies and procedures, government regulations and agencies, and other external agencies. This position works as a key member of the Corporate Human Resources and Payroll Operations Team. Strong relationships with stakeholders involving employees, all levels of corporate and operations business managers, Human Resources Directors, Managers and Business Partners, and members of the Finance Department, are critical to success in this role.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of weekly, bi-weekly and special Payrolls for all employees in multi-state/multi- locations
- Oversees continuous improvement for all Payroll processes including status changes, garnishments, direct deposits, etc.
- Works closely with Corporate Human Resources to ensure all data is transmitted properly for employees’ timely and accurate pay
- Authorize employee Payroll deductions and employee data changes in coordination with Corporate HR Generalists’ and Benefits Administrator’s transactions Coordinate all year-end
- Update payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers
- Provides support, training, mentoring, and development to reporting staff on an ongoing basis to ensure the department performs at a maximum performance level
- Oversees preparation of required reports for federal, state, and local government agencies Plans, schedules, and manages the staff to promote efficiency in completing their job responsibilities
- Coordinates all reporting activities including ad hoc projects
- Establishes strong customer relationships with employees, Human Resources Directors, Managers, and Business Partners, Business Operations Managers, Senior Management and other stakeholders
- Successfully resolves all escalated Payroll issues and problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, CPA or CPP preferred
- 4 to 10 years of experience, preferably with at least 1 year of direct experience with payroll administration and accounting
- Strong accounting systems skills including experience with managing administrative functions and/or system implementation experience
- Advanced level Excel skills required
- Experience with benefits regulations and rules preferred
- Working knowledge of tax regulation, tax reporting in all states
Submit your resume today by clicking "apply with us" above!
Please apply with your CV to: