Payroll and Benefits Coordinator
Accounting Principals is hiring for a Payroll and Benefits Coordinator in Addison, IL. Candidate MUST have prior Accounting month-end, reporting, journal entries, reconciliations, financial statements experience as well as payroll processing. All that is highlighted in yellow related to accounting and payroll is something they want the candidate coming in with and they can teach on all the HR and benefits functions.
$50-60K DOE and Qualifications
- Provide administrative support to the Human Resources Director.
- Conduct benefit enrollments and terminations; maintain benefit files; enter necessary information online with appropriate providers and COBRA administrators; assist with benefit education.
- Assist with annual insurance open enrollment.
- Accurately process and deliver semi-monthly payroll; review payroll and tax documentation for accuracy; resolve issues with payroll provider.
- Ensure commission statements and reports are complete and accurate; resolve any discrepancies.
- Prepare and enter month-end payroll journal entries and management reports, e.g., overtime report, commission analysis, discontinued item analysis, etc. Investigate potential discrepancies with budget.
- Reconcile payroll and self-insured checking accounts. (Heavy reconciliations)
- Need to be able to perform “checks and balances” on your own work – AKA reconciling your own work to make sure nothing is missing and all entries have been done correctly.
- 401K quarterly reports – ensuring that they match when submitting payroll
- Checking for and investigating discrepancies and resolving them as well
- Lots of audit work – preparing paperwork for auditors – auditors always want to make sure everything balances and ties out
- Detail oriented – enjoys working with numbers
- Assist employees with HSA bank account set-up; fund employer and employee contributions on a timely and accurate basis.
- Maintain employee database.
- Track employees’ time off and prepare quarterly notification of time off remaining to General Managers.
- Prepare semi-monthly 401(k) contribution reports and make deposits.
- Reconcile 401(k) statements quarterly and annually.
- Respond to and gather information for 401(k) auditors’ and other auditors’ requests.
- Review monthly Group Insurance Statements for accuracy and allocate to appropriate cost centers. Prepare accounting reports for self-insured medical insurance.
- Assist with Workers Compensation program administration; prepare accurate reports for internal customers as well as for annual insurance renewal and audit.
- Administer LPI substance abuse testing program, as well as D.O.T. and driver certifications.
- Prepare and distribute annual OSHA 300 report.
- Administer required OSHA forklift operator certification program.
- Prepare annual EEO-1 report.
- Assist Director of Human Resources in preparing annual budget, as well as prepare year-end accruals for attendance bonus, vacation, overtime, and hourly employees.
- Order MVR’s for potential new drivers.
- Work with vendor to check references on potential new employees.
- Prepare new-hire packets and new employee folders.
- Process new hires and terminations; enter necessary information online with payroll provider.
- File current and terminated employees’ paperwork and update folders as necessary.
- Administer uniform program, including ordering, purchasing, inventory and Accounting.
- Provide assistance to management and employees with reports and required paperwork as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
Payroll and accounting experience (HR they can train on)
Duties 4-12 are the most crutial to coming in with this knowledge. Everything else can be taught
Please send your WORD document resume to Michelle.Dziabenko@AccountingPrincipals.com and apply here.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.accountingprincipals.com/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Please apply with your CV to: