A Payroll Clerk Job in Grand Rapids, MI is available through Accounting Principals. Qualified candidates will have at least two years of experience in a Payroll position. In this contract to hire position our client is looking for a sharp candidate with proven payroll experience.
The Payroll Clerk Job responsibilities include:
- Compile payroll data such as hours worked, sales volume, bonuses, and commissions
- Update master payroll records by verifying and record changes affecting next wages such as federal and state tax exemptions, insurance coverage, etc.
- Prepare and issue paychecks
- Keep records of leave pay and non taxable wages
- Prepare periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions
- Prepare all hiring and termination paperwork
- Process all employee insurance forms and insurance payments in coordination with office manager
- Minimum of one year of continuous experience in a Payroll related position; 2+ years of experience preferred
- Experience working in ADP strongly preferred but equivalent Payroll software being considered
- Intermediate understanding of MS Excel; ability to create functions and manipulate existing databases preferred
- Related Associates degree required, Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
To learn more about the Payroll Clerk Job in Grand Rapids, MI please apply directly to this position with your resume in MS WORD format. Other great opportunities are available as well, please log into www.accountingprincipals.com to learn more!